Liz asked what the 24 books on my reading list for the year are. Here it is.
Classics:
1. North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell
2. The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Vol. 1 – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
3. Persuasion – Jane Austen
4. A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
5. Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
6. TBA
Devotional-Type Books
1. Surprised by Joy – C.S. Lewis
2. The Four Loves – C.S. Lewis (Completed)
3. Messiah – Jerry Thomas
4. Walk with God in Psalms – Don’t remember
5. Wild at Heart – John Eldredge
6. TBA
Books on Writing
1. Novel Ideas –Various
2. Art of War – James Scott Bell
3. From the Inside…out – Susan May Warren and Rachel Hauck
4. On Writing Romance – Leigh Michaels
5. Write Away – Elizabeth George
6. The Writing Diet – Julia Cameron
Other Books
1. Alpha Beta – John Man
2. Gutenberg – John Man
3. The Welsh Girl – Peter Ho Davies
4. What the Dog Saw – Malcolm Gladwell
5. Atonement – Ian McEwan
6. The Man Who Made Lists – Joshua Kendall

I have only read Persuasion, The Welsh Girl, and Atonement from your list, I think ... I liked the movie version of Atonement better than the book, too, it's a little tough to get through.
ReplyDeleteAlso, yes, I liked "The Boys Are Back" too - the little boy in it is SO adorable :).
I like that you leave a TBA for a couple categories in case something comes up that may peak your interest. Good ideas.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Brent
www.thebookpatch.com
@thebookpatch