Monday, November 30, 2009

I WON!

Something amazing happened last night. I was writing on my NaNoWriMo project, and as I compulsively added up my word count (because I had it going in a couple of different Word documents) I realized that my number was coming closer, and closer, and closer to 50,000, and then… something amazing happened. I CROSSED the 50,000 word mark. I was shocked. I didn’t really know what to do. I squealed at my mom and then I rushed to someplace with a phone (because we still have dialup at home) and uploaded my word count, praying that the 20 word padding that I had was enough.

I waited, with bated breath until I saw this wonderful sight:

I DID IT!

I WON!

I started bouncing around the house and then, because it was 11:00 at night, I went to bed, or at least, attempted to go to bed, because I was to excited to stay awake.

Since approximately the second week of NaNoWriMo, I have been behind. I caught up after the second week in one 4,000 word marathon night, but really, other than that, I have been behind, and yet I was still able to finish early. It may have taken an almost 5,000 word day, but that’s okay, because I finished.

During this time I attended 2 Write-Ins, one of which I hosted:

And earned 5 of the 10 NaNoWriMo Merit Badges (NaNo Socializing, Word-Count Padding, Secret Noveling – though it wasn’t really that secret because everyone knew I was doing it, Creative Nonfiction, and 50,000-Word Victory; I kinda’ earned the one for Caffeine Abuse too, which would be number 6, but I had that problem before NaNoWriMo started).

But now I’m done, and it’s back to the real world of writing… editing.

*Sigh*


And earned 5 of the 10 NaNoWriMo Merit Badges (NaNo Socializing, Word-Count Padding, Secret Noveling – though it wasn’t really that secret because everyone knew I was doing it, Creative Nonfiction, and 50,000-Word Victory; I kinda’ earned the one for Caffeine Abuse too, which would be number 6, but I had that problem before NaNoWriMo started).

But now I’m done, and it’s back to the real world of writing… editing.

*Sigh*


1 comment: