Friday, October 2, 2009

Clearly I've Lost My Mind

Since conference I’ve felt a little at ends. Up until conference I spent a lot of time prepping (or avoiding prepping) so I felt like I had something to do. I would start writing again, but with NaNoWriMo beginning in November, I didn’t want to get into writing something only to be interrupted.

Then, I decided that I needed to expand my reading horizons, so I decided that in the month of October I would read a writing craft book (I selected Novel Ideas, a new book from a plethora of Christian writers that I got a conference), a more devotional non-fiction book (I selected C.S. Lewis’ The Four Loves) and a classic that I haven’t read (North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell – I was supposed to read it in a class, and got halfway through but never finished, but I’m starting over so it still counts). So far it’s slow going, but it’s only the second day, so I haven’t given up hope yet.

As though this was not enough for me to do, I was poking around my favorite blogs today, and on the Seekers blog they talked about joining their Book in a Week extravaganza. *Hangs head* I caved. So next week, I will be attempting to write a book in a week. Not really, not a full book at least. I am attempting something between a short story and a novella.

Actually, I think it will be a good thing. As I’ve been mentally prepping for my NaNoWriMo project I’ve discovered that there is a lot of back story about the main character’s parents that I need to have straight before I attempt to push forward into it. So this will be my Book in a Week project, to tell their stories first, to get it all out of the way (and onto paper) before I get going.

And on top of all of this I would like to have Tuesday entries ready to go so that I can just post them in November and not be distracted from my WriMo time.

Well, they say, “If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it.” So maybe this will do it.

1 comment:

  1. justina - I wanted to let you know about my blog address change. *sigh* If you're following me, my posts now won't show up in your feed, dashboard, sidebar, whatever. So please forgive me, but you'll have to change the address for my main writing blog, Where Romance Meets Therapy, to http://jeanniecampbell.blogspot.com. To do this, you have to "unfollow" me and follow me again. Sorry for the confusion!

    Jeannie
    The Character Therapist

    ReplyDelete