Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kindle Article

A few weeks ago I posted about the Kindle and how torn I am about whether or not to get one (although finances tell me that the answer is “not”). Today I found this and thought it was interesting. It’s about an idea to provide Kindles for public school children (K-12) to replace textbooks. I think it may be one of those plans that’s better in conception than in reality, but it has some merit. Giving kindergarteners this kind of a product is probably not a great idea, but perhaps high schoolers could be trusted with one (although I know some high schoolers that are about as irresponsible as kindergarteners). It would also be interested in what psychologists and ophthalmologists think this will do to kids’ eyes.

Anywho, I just found it interesting.

http://www.popsci.com/gear-amp-gadgets/article/2009-07/one-kindle-child

No comments:

Post a Comment